The core features of Content Management Systems vary widely from system to system; many simpler systems showcase only a handful of features, while others, notably enterprise systems, are much more complex and powerful.
- Allow for a large number of people to share and contribute to stored data;
- Control access to data based on user role (i.e., define information users or user groups can view, edit, publish, etc.);
- Facilitate storage and retrieval of data;
- Control data validity and compliance;
- Reduce duplicate inputs;
- Simplify report writing;
- Improve communication among users.
- Define data as almost anything: documents, movies, texts, pictures, phone numbers, articles etc.